Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and clear up these myths!

2022-06-16 0 By

Indoor charcoal fire for heating, close the doors and Windows to prevent the cold wind, the air does not circulate for a long time, once the concentration of indoor carbon monoxide gas is high, the human body will inhale for a long time, which can easily lead to poisoning.Recently, carbon monoxide poisoning accidents occur frequently. In front of safety, there is no room for paralysis and fluke. We must take precautions first and be vigilant first.Myth 1: Only burning coal can be toxic In fact, all carbon-based fuels, when deprived of oxygen and unable to burn adequately, produce large amounts of carbon monoxide.Whether burning gasoline, kerosene, ordinary charcoal, or “environmental carbon”!Carbon monoxide itself is colorless and tasteless, it is difficult to be detected, if the doors and Windows are closed at this time to form a closed space, people in the inside is very easy to carbon monoxide poisoning.When burning charcoal for heating at home, it should be put out and moved outdoors before going to bed.Misconception three: there are gaps on doors and Windows will not poison the proportion of air is 1, the proportion of carbon monoxide is 0.967, if the gap of doors and Windows is in a low place, carbon monoxide is not easy to discharge.Misunderstanding four: installed chimney or ventilator will not be poisoned if the wind smoke, chimney is blocked, carbon monoxide exhaust or less displacement, will also occur poisoning.And many families use old air hopper, or air hopper is too small, installation height is not enough, carbon monoxide discharge is not smooth, can also cause poisoning.Misunderstanding five: stove side put basin clean water can prevent poisoning scientific confirmation, carbon monoxide is very difficult to dissolve in water, and can not play a preventive effect.Vinegar and pickled cabbage soup can save patients with carbon monoxide poisoning, especially in a coma, hard to pour vinegar or pickled cabbage soup into the mouth, easy to choke into the lungs, block the alveolar gas exchange, resulting in worse condition, and even death.It is recommended not to burn charcoal for indoor heating and try to use other safer heating equipment. If necessary, please take the following precautions: 1.Regular ventilation.2. Thoroughly check the coal stove before use to ensure that the stove and chimney are intact and unblocked, and the interface should be sealed;Install smoke exhaust pipe, and carefully check whether the pipe is smooth, no air leakage.3. Most carbon monoxide poisoning accidents occur at night, especially in sleep, resulting in poisoning and coma.Do not leave until the coal is burned and extinguished, and remove it from the room before going to bed.4. If conditions are available, install gas alarms.The water heater should be kept separate from the bathroom. When using the gas heater, both the bathroom and the room in which the water heater is located should be ventilated.Bath time should not be too long, not to take a continuous shower.02 indoor charcoal cooking hot pot as far as possible do not burn charcoal cooking hot pot indoors, do not close the doors and Windows, to keep indoor ventilation.03 driving if the car is on fire for a long time and does not start, should open the window, to prevent exhaust reflux caused by suffocation;Do not sleep in a car with closed doors and Windows and air conditioning on, and open the Windows when the air conditioning is off the road.Carbon monoxide poisoning will dominate human movement of the cerebral cortex paralysis damage makes people unable to voluntary movement most often cannot effectively save your find someone how science quickly after carbon monoxide poisoning rescue these knowledge you have to understand when find others to carbon monoxide poisoning, rescue should follow the following principles: 1.Rescuers should crawl into the scene, quickly open the doors and Windows for ventilation, and transfer the patient to a ventilated and warm place to lie flat.2. For unconscious patients, the head can be tilted to one side to prevent vomiting from being inhaled into the lungs and causing suffocation.3. Call an ambulance and send the victim to a hospital with a high-pressure oxygen tank for rescue.